I was having kind of a rough day today, so I thought I would put on some good ol' Mormon Tabernacle Choir (MoTab) to lift my mood.
I don't know what it is about the song "I Believe in Christ" but it seriously gets me every time. Every time we sing it in church, I end up teary eyed, like a goober. It is just so powerful and makes me feel so at Peace and firm in what I believe. I especially love the third and fourth verses:
I believe in Christ – my Lord, my God!
My feet he plants on gospel sod. I’ll worship him with all my might; He is the source of truth and light.
I believe in Christ; he ransoms me!
From Satan’s grasp he sets me free. And I shall live with joy and love In his eternal courts above.
I believe in Christ; he stands supreme!
From him I’ll gain my fondest dream. And while I strive through grief and pain, His voice is heard;
“Ye shall obtain.”
I believe in Christ; so come what may!
With him I’ll stand in that great day, When on this earth he comes again To rule amoung the sons of men.
Here's to music making me feel a hundred ba-jillion times better than I did
I love that song! dont be sad!
ReplyDeleteI love how music can do that, it really is a powerful thing. Love you!!
ReplyDelete