So over the weekend we were going to hike Timp...however, it was going to just be Amber and me and Mark didn't want us going by ourselves and he couldn't go...so we had to push that off until this weekend!
I was pretty bummed that I wasn't going to get to hike Timp, but luckily, our dear friends the Bennetts called us and invited us on a little camping/mountain biking adventure. Yay!
 |
| Bennetts! |
So Friday night we camped out at Big Springs Park...Let me tell you a little story about that...So we finally get up the canyon to our campsite and we are setting up our tents...and lo and behold Mark and I forgot our bag of clothes!!! It had our mountain biking gear and everything in it...I thought that he had grabbed the bag and he thought that I had grabbed the bag...the funny thing is is that we were down in our car about to back out of our parking spot when we remembered we needed deodorant, so Mark ran back upstairs to grab the deodorant, which just happened to be right by our clothes bag...haha. So anyways I realized we didn't have it after we were already up the mountain so Alyse and I drove back down the canyon while the boys started a fire. One trip down and back up the mountain later we had our clothes. Alyse and I got back to a fire and cooked up some yummy zucchini she had brought while the boys chowed down on bratwursts. (gross) After a lovely chat around the campfire...we decided it was time for bed so we could wake up bright and early to go mountain biking! Mark and I froze the entire night due to the fact we only own one sleeping bag...then we woke up in the morning to find that my camelback waterpack had leaked a liter of water ALL OVER our clothes. So we got to put on freezing, wet, clothes to go biking in! I was so cold!
 |
| Brandleys! |
We hopped in the car and drove up to Timpooneke Trail, which is by far the most beautiful trail we have been on so far! It took us about 2 hours to bike the whole thing, it was really intense but totally worth it! And...BONUS...we saw a moose! That's right! A moose about ten feet off the trail...he was ginormous! I had made it down some crazy rocks on the downhill and was feeling pretty proud of my self so I shouted out to the other three-"guys I did it! I made it down those rocks!" Expecting a "way to go" or some other form of enthusiasm...I got a "SHHHH" I didn't understand why until I looked up the trail and saw mr. moose. We sat there for a few minutes trying to figure out what to do...and decided that chad, alyse, me, then mark would ride in a tight line slowly by him. We held our breaths and did it! After we passed them we all peddled as hard was we could to get the heck out of there! Alas, we made it in one piece.
By far my favorite weekend of the summer!!!
 |
| View from the Top! |
 |
| Mr. Moose! |
So crazy! You guys and your adventures. That's cool that you saw a moose that close, even though I'd totally be terrified too. Fun times.
ReplyDelete