So a few Saturdays ago Mark and I decided we were going to hike Squaw Peak. We set out with high hopes and a sense of adventure. That sense of adventure came in helpful...
So we found directions to the trail head and thought "easy peasy". False. We wound up the mountain searching for the Squaw Peak trail head but could never find it. But dog gonnit we were going to hike something! To add to our dismay, it started to rain, but as I said, we were determined to hike.
We left our car and journeyed out into the rain. It was actually really fun. We made it to a grove of trees, followed the trail through it, and came to the point where we would have to leave its protection. The rain was really coming down by this point, but I wanted to keep going so I had the bright idea to run to the next grove of trees...well...there was no next grove of trees. Oops.
We just kept going though and the rain let up and eventually stopped. Then, something momentous happened. I peed in the great outdoors. That's right folks. I finally did it. I have been camping a ton, but there have always been bathrooms or some form of outhouse/shelter to go to. Not this time...and I really had to go. I mean really had to go. Mark gave me the tip to aim downhill...well being a novice at this...I thought he meant face downhill. Bad idea. As I squatted behind my chosen tree and began to do my business, to my dismay a trail of liquid began to run towards my shoe..."Mark! It's going towards my feet!" I exclaimed. Beside himself with laughter he responded "I told you to aim downhill!" I thought I had but apparently for girls you have to face uphill. Lesson learned. Sorry...no pictures of that folks. When we got a little higher up the trail we realized we were on the mountain next to Squaw Peak. Not the legendary peak...but good enough for me! Our pride was slightly hurt that we could not find the trail head, but upon asking other couples, we realized we were not alone! I guess it is harder than the directions make it seem. Here are a few pics for your enjoyment:
you guys are cute. do you know that?
ReplyDeleteDear Lace Face!
ReplyDeleteThis made my night! Best thing I've read all day :)
Well even though you didnt make it up the right trail where you did end up was beautiful. Glad to hear you conquered a fear that I have yet to acheive.
ReplyDelete