So...when I came to BYU, I left my two best friends behind. We had been best friends since kindergarten, the three musketeers if you will.
My freshman year I just couldn't find anyone to replace them, not that they are replaceable, but I really needed a friend. I remember I would pray almost daily to just find a girl that I could be friends with and have a good, honest, fun relationship with.
Well, I have been at BYU for 4 1/2 years, and last semester I found that friend that I had been praying for for so long.
Neither one of us are very expressive, and sometimes I wonder if our friendship is only school deep (we have all of our classes together). I don't know everything about her, and she doesn't know everything about me. But then there are days like today when I know that we are more than school friends. School brought us together, but it is not what keeps us together.
When I have a bad day, she is one of the first people that I want to talk to.
We are so similar she understands me better than most others, but different enough to push each other to grow.
I can be open and honest with her.
She is one of the first girls that I truly believe wouldn't talk bad about me. She would tell me herself.
She inspires me to be confident.
She plays lego harry potter with me.
I find myself wholeheartedly wanting her to be happy and get everything she wants.
It makes me sad to think that we won't always be within walking distance of each other, or see each other everyday.
Here's to you Jaraka Drew! :) I'm glad that we're friends and can laugh and cry together.
No comments:
Post a Comment