Monday, September 26, 2011

Things to Remember

So I have learned a few lessons lately that apply to all areas of my life: school, work, family etc and just wanted to record them so if I ever forget, this will help me remember.

  1. There is a difference between being helpful and taking over. It is hard to recognize that sometimes. At times I think that I am doing someone a favor, but I am really hurting their feelings.
  2. Communication is key. This kind of goes with #1. What I see as being helpful, someone else sees as me taking over. I just need to clarify what that person actually wants me to do, instead of just assuming I am doing the right thing to help them.
  3. Frequent feedback is much better than letting things build up and explode. It is so much easier to have a few little conversations than one big one.  This goes for me giving it to other people, and other people to me. If I am doing something you don't like, or that hurts you, just tell me! I won't get offended, and I can't change until I know what to change. I just want to make people happy.
  4. Patience is a virtue and I need it. Just because I can do something faster, doesn't mean that is best. I need to let other people grow and do their own thing, even if they don't get to it before I do. It is okay to not have something completely done a few days before it is due. I need to give people time to finish things, even if I think they should be done sooner.
  5. Relax. Take it easy. Everything gets done in the end, and it doesn't require me to do it all. 
I have realized after a talk with someone, even if they say they are okay, I just want to hug them. I guess I am a hug it out kind of person. We both said our peace, we're over it, and it is time to hug! yay! 
    It always amazes me all the things that I can be doing to improve. I don't mean that in a desperate, I'll never be perfect way...but more in a "there are ways I can be better, and I like finding them out" way. Everyday is a day to improve!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment